Tuesday, August 2, 2016

A work in progress

So yesterday I worked in my room for a few hours and realized it is certainly a work in progress. I have a lot to do! In 11 years of teaching, I have switched rooms 8 times so I am used to having to redo my room. I know teaching is not about the room, but I can’t focus on instruction until my room is organized and inviting. Today I also put my son to work taking the plastic off new clipboards and whiteboards. Not his favorite task, but he did it. Below are some pictures of my room (before and after of my few hours of work).






Before


After







 Before







                 After



Not sure if you can tell from the pictures, but this year I am going to have three tables with different types of seating. I am hoping to allow for student choice with this, but not sure yet if first graders will be able to appropriate select their seats. Time will tell. One table will have regular chairs, on will have stools (some regular stools and some woobly stools), and then a table lowered so students can sit on cushions.  I am hoping this will help to keep kids engaged and stay focused.

I will post more pictures of my classroom once it looks a little less like a bunch of piles of stuff. 

For now, I will leave you with this Kid President video. Now please remember he is a kid so some of the things are rather silly, but number 4 and 1 are my favorites. 


One more thing! Here is the link to my Amazon wishlist for my classroom.  https://amzn.com/w/3HUMBSO67XGSY
Just in case anyone wants to help out my classroom. 
~Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment